Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

CALIFORNIA TRAVELS - BIG BOLD FLORAL

jacket: lucca couture, top: forever 21, shorts: zara, sandals: nine west


I've been checking out areas that are new to me in the South Bay Area recently. This time I continued my exploration of San Jose. This is Santana Row, a really adorable street my friend recommended visiting while down there. My last travel look was much more casual, but this one is equally as comfortable.

 I love this bold floral top that I purchased from Forever 21. It's a really light, soft fabric that blows so comfortably in the California breeze. The drop-waist peplum is this year's update of last year's peplum craze. Since the waist is lower, it lends a flattering long and lean effect to the wearer.

I paired it with my leatherette track shorts from Zara, barely peeking out of the bottom, as a way to complement the top without drawing attention away from it.

The evening was a bit breezy, so I threw on a Lucca Couture cropped jacket that hit perfectly at the line of the peplum. Although the jacket was a last minute grab, as I was coaxed as usual to "bring something warm" (haha) it worked out perfectly!

I really recommend visiting this area if you are ever in San Jose, especially on a Saturday evening. The street had such a lively energy, filled with excited people strolling together or having a drink. We even heard live acoustic music which was amazing! All the shops on Santana Row are beautiful, and since it's summertime the whole area was doused in sunshine.


photocredit: SH Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment